Genius Airbnb Decorating Ideas
As a successful Airbnb host, you are focused on the guest experience. From the moment guests walk through the door, you want them to feel that frisson of excitement about staying in your place and the sense their visit is appreciated. It is important to give your guests a sense of place, bestowing your vacation rental property with a boutique feel to distinguish it from a cookie-cutter roadside hotel.
Here are six helpful tips to be a star Airbnb host:
- Decide on a theme that reflects your surroundings: beach house by the shore, ski chalet in the mountains, urban loft in a hip downtown neighborhood.
- Decorate the walls with photos of local sites, or perhaps an airport diagram poster.
- Leave a collection of maps, pamphlets and flyers from the tourism bureau highlighting attractions, points of interest, and places to eat. Even better, prepare your own guide with personalized recommendations.
- Place some local interest books on the shelf for your guests to peruse: guidebooks, local history, works by area authors. Complement them with CDs of music by local performers.
- Provide a bottle of local wine, or some cans from a nearby craft brewery to welcome your guests. And you can’t go wrong with treats from a local confectioner or chocolatier.
- Finish your décor with a local-themed accent piece, such as an airport code throw pillow.
Your guests will delight in the authentic local touches you have added, and reward you with glowing reviews.
Get started with RWY23’s cool airport code décor: airport code throw pillows (over 120 for the U.S. alone) and airport diagram posters, either framed or unframed, in a choice of sizes.